Here are some ways to freeze broth without using plastic:
- Glass Containers: You can freeze broth in glass containers that are designed for freezer use. Make sure to leave some space at the top of the container to allow for expansion as the liquid freezes.
- Silicone Bags: Silicone bags are a great alternative to plastic bags. They are reusable, dishwasher safe, and can be used to freeze broth. Just be sure to choose bags that are freezer safe and leak-proof.
- Stainless Steel Containers: You can also use stainless steel containers to freeze broth. They are durable, long-lasting, and can be reused many times. Just make sure to choose containers that are designed for freezer use.
- Silicone Ice Cube Trays: Freeze small portions of broth in ice cube trays. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe container or bag.
- Parchment Paper: Pour the broth onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid. Once frozen, break the broth into pieces and transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag.
Remember to label your containers or bags with the date and contents, and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.